Personal Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this Policy by the Peruvian Government is to inform about the requirements of Law No. 29733 – Personal Data Protection Law and its Regulations approved by Supreme Decree 003-2013-JUS, as well as to ensure compliance.
We also explain our data collection policy when you visit the Platform.
The entity responsible for personal data is Inka Trail Backpacker, a travel and tourism agency, and a tour operator owned by Inka Trail Backpacker E.I.R., registered under Taxpayer Registry Number (RUC) No.: 20601566983, with our office located at Calle Triunfo 392 (also known as Sunturwasi), inside the Centro Artesanal Arte Inca, Office 209, Second Floor, Cusco, Peru. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or call us at +51 940 110 208.
The purpose of this document is to establish principles, uniform practices, and responsibilities related to the processing of personal data in which Inka Trail Backpacker E.I.R.L. is involved.
3. About Basic Principles
Inka Trail Backpacker is committed to complying with the basic principles established by the Personal Data Protection Law during the processing of personal data.
4. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
By continuing to browse our website, you acknowledge that you understand and accept this Policy.
The personal information we collect is used to provide unique travel experiences and other compatible purposes. We commit to protecting personal information using reasonable security measures against theft, loss, unauthorized access, and unwanted disclosure.
We will not share your contact information with external advertisers, and we pledge to safeguard your phone number and email address. We understand how valuable they are to you and appreciate your trust in us.
5. How Does Inka Trail Backpacker Collect Personal Information?
Typically, we collect your information through a form on our website or during the booking process for a trip. We always aim to collect data through legal and appropriate means, with the knowledge and consent of the affected individual(s).
Our website also uses “cookies” to offer you a better browsing experience and to better understand the type of travel you prefer.
6. Your Personal Information
We will collect personal information that identifies you as a citizen: your name, country of residence, phone number, and email address. After confirming a personalized itinerary with us, personal information may also include your passport details: legal name, passport number, expiration date, photo, etc., as well as emergency contact information.
7. Purposes of Processing Collected Personal Data
Personal data is collected for the following primary and secondary purposes:
- Primary: Personal data is collected for the following primary purposes:
- Identifying and contacting you.
- Managing your booking of requested services, delivering products, providing the services you wish to contract, assisting with any requests and changes you may request.
- Providing quality telephone customer service, which may involve recording answered calls.
- Selling additional services.
- Reporting incidents and passenger accidents if they occur.
- Preventing, investigating, and addressing fraudulent activities and other criminal activities.
- Addressing inquiries and providing assistance via chat and other means.
- Handling emergencies, fortuitous events, or force majeure situations and informing the relevant authorities.
- Secondary: Different purposes that do not establish a legal relationship between you and Inka Trail Backpacker but are still highly useful for providing you with a better service and advancing our legitimate business interests:
- Conducting surveys, evaluations, and monitoring of the tourism services provided.
- Contacting you to gather your opinions and experiences related to your trips.
- Informing you about our company, Inka Trail Backpacker, and offering our products, services, and promotions.
- Engaging in marketing, advertising, and commercial prospecting.
- Strengthening our brand, including the selection and use of comments you post on social media platforms concerning Inka Trail Backpacker.
- Enabling your participation in contests and sweepstakes organized by us.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit confidential information via the website, it is securely transmitted online and offline.
Whenever we collect significant information (such as credit card data), it is encrypted and securely transmitted. You can verify this by looking for a closed padlock icon at the bottom of your web browser or by checking for “https” at the beginning of the web page address.
While we use encryption to protect confidential information transmitted online, we also secure it offline. Only employees requiring data for specific tasks (such as billing or customer service) have access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers where we store personal data are kept secure.
Inka Trail Backpacker does not share the information of children under 18 with anyone or send them commercial emails.
If a legal representative of a child under 18 requests access to or correction of the child’s personal information or withdrawal of consent, Inka Trail Backpacker will promptly respond to the request.
10. Third-Party Links
This website may contain links to other sites that may be of interest to you. Once you click on these links and leave our site, we no longer have control over the site you are redirected to, and we are not responsible for the terms, privacy, or data protection on those other third-party sites. These sites have their own privacy policies, so it is recommended to review them to confirm your agreement with their terms.
11. Data Protection Rights:
As Data Controllers, we commit to respecting the confidentiality of your personal data and ensuring the exercise of your rights. You can exercise the following rights at any time:
- Right of Access: You have the right to confirm that we are processing your personal data and, if so, obtain a copy of such data and complete information about the processing.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to correct errors, modify inaccurate or incomplete data, and ensure the accuracy of the processed information.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your data without undue delay if the processing is unlawful or the purpose that motivated its processing or collection has ceased.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request the suspension of processing in case it is unlawful or the accuracy of the data has been contested.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your data when it is for direct marketing or when the processing must cease for reasons related to your personal situation, except if there are legitimate grounds or it is necessary for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Automated Decisions: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or significantly affects you, unless it is necessary for the execution of a contract, is permitted by law, or you have given explicit consent.
Due to the nature of our services and the purpose of collecting and processing your personal data, the Right to Data Portability is not applicable.
A cookie refers to a file that is sent with the purpose of requesting permission to be stored on your computer. When you accept this file, it is created, and the cookie then serves to have information about web traffic and also facilitates future recurring visits to a website. Another function of cookies is that they allow the web to recognize you individually and thus provide you with the best personalized service on your website.